A birth of a child is often met with fulfillment, an overwhelming joy and a feeling of completeness. It is true that a baby changes everything. Babies demand all your attention and keep you on toes all the time. Apart from unconditional love, their safety and comfort tops the priority list.
Taking care of a baby is nothing less than a full- time job with no vacations. The constant caretaking demands, the buzz of hectic schedules and feelings of chronic exhaustion can take a toll on the parent. And to cope up with these times, a stroller comes as a blessing in disguise.
But then the question arises that what is a stroller or what it has to do with a baby or how a stroller can match to the comfort of a mother’s arms? The list stands endless. Lets’ have a look that what a stroller is all about:
What is Stroller?
A stroller is a collapsible chair on wheels that is typically folding. It is specially designed for a baby, in which he can be pushed along.They are the most convenient tool when you want to get out somewhere, with your baby.
Let’s be frank; when a baby enters into your life all your schedules get messed up and a huge list of responsibilities pile on. Amongst this busy agenda, going out somewhere, for any task, with your child is not less than a nightmare. Strollers make it easy for you to navigate life with your baby.
Must Check: Umbrella Stroller Review 2016
But before you make a selection, evaluate all the odds that why you need a stroller. Come, let’s evaluate some benefits of the stroller.
Benefits of a stroller
The war between the preferences of baby carriers over strollers has been going for ages. But to one’s surprise, the stroller has much more lasting and impactful benefits to offer. Let’s have a look at some of them:
- Convenience and comfort- People prefer baby carriers initially, but as the child gets older, it becomes really hard to carry them around. A stroller is a great option to keep your child all the time, around you without making yourself exhausted.
Moreover, a child feels at a great ease in the stroller. He can stretch himself, relax and have his food and drinks, making the stroller all worth the penny.
- Long- Lasting- These strollers are usually made up of strong and durable materials, thus, last for a long time and keep the child protected.
- Accessories- Almost all the strollers, these days, come with additional accessories that provide protection and comfort for your young ones from every possible side. Various canopies are installed that protect them from harsh ultraviolet rays and other environmental factors. Food trays and cup handles are some other attractions to look out for. Bassinets are even available for some products which can be a good solution in the initial months.
- Transportation- Day to day activities may become a little more strenuous if you have to take care of a baby. It comes as a convenient mode of transportation, no matter where you go. You can purchase a stroller that suits your travel needs, accordingly.
Safety Tips while using a stroller
When it comes to safety concerns, it is the safety of both the child and the equipment. Check for all those basic safety standards required, before buying a stroller. At any cost, do not compromise on these safety standards as it concerns your little one:
- Handles- Make sure you are comfortable with the handle height and grip. Your legs and feet should not hit the wheels as you walk. Do check the maneuverability by adding some weight.
However, keep in mind that stroller is not a shopping basket, though it comes with a storage space. Do not hang bags or other items on the handles of your stroller as it can make them tip backward.
- Brakes- The brakes or swivel lock mechanisms should be easy to operate. Make an extra check on the brakes, and prefer a brake that locks two wheels as it provides an extra measure of safety.
- Open and close- Prefer a stroller which you can open and close easily with one hand and two. Some that need two hands are actually easier to operate. Keep your child at a safe distance while you open or close as his fingers can be caught in the hinges that fold the stroller.
- Seat belt- A stroller should have a seat belt and harness. Check for, how easy it is for you, to adjust the backrest, and fasten and unfasten the harness. For infants, use rolled-up baby blankets as bumpers on either side of the seat. You can even look out for car seat adapters.
- Weight- Be mindful of the weight guidelines and purchase only a stroller that matches your requirements. Excessive weight can tip the stroller, which can harm the baby.
- Compact- Go for a stroller that is easy to carry, both when open and when folded. Pick a one which doesn’t consume much of space.
- Certification- Check for various certifications given to stroller, as they ensure the reliability. Some of the key tests are for the stroller’s brakes, leg openings, locking mechanisms, and the absence of sharp edges and points that can pinch or scissor a parent or child.
- Warranty and Return Policies- Select a brand that offers a flexible or a long-term return policy, and make sure you keep the strollers packaging until you are sure about the stroller.
Whenever you buy a car or vehicle for yourself, you ensure all the features are intact. Similar is the case with a stroller. It is your baby’s first vehicle. So buy it after all that rigorous scrutinization of the safety standards.
Pricing can be one of the major factors, while making a decision. But make sure to indulge in a quality stroller, as a little extra investment is completely justified as far as safety of the child is concerned.
So buy that stroller and go on an amazing ride with your new one!